We are all busy. I work long hours with after work commitments, golf on Sundays, try to find time to maintain friendships, and am incredibly lucky to be dating the kindest man I have ever known. Charlotte is in college with classes spread out sporadically, lots of studying and projects, works nights and weekends at a restaurant, and tries to take a day or two every month to see her long distance boyfriend. The twins are both in school during the week with their different sports, tutors, and church groups after and they both have ample weekend plans and commitments. So how do we all stay up to date on whats happening?
- Texting– We have a group chat aptly titled “Sibling Squad”. Everything we have questions about we text in the group text. This way all of us can see exactly what is happening and what everyone has questions and concerns about.
- Kitchen Calendar– This is mainly for trips and appointments. Poppy’s regattas. Jasper’s church retreats. My comedy festivals. Charlotte’s weekends to visit her boyfriend. Dentist, optometrist, family therapy, etc. It’s got all the big stuff.
- Verbal Communication– The stuff you pic up in conversation is my least favorite. I have way to many moving parts in my brain and I’m always concerned I’ve missed something or told one of the sibs but not the one that really needs to know. I always try to follow up on a chat with a text just to make sure everyone knows whats happening.
- Find My Friends– Best I phone app ever! For those moments when we all forget to check in its helpful to be able to pin point exactly were everyone is! LOVE THIS.
- Set Weekly Activities– My favorite. The activities that stay the same and we all just know. School hours, sports, church group etc.